The kit is designed for cleaning fuel rails and injectors, the recommended process runs the engine with a strong cleaning solvent like OTCs 7000A pro inject R-Kleen that is sold separately, and the solvent is introduced directly into the fuel rail where maximum benefits are achieved. The deposited material is dissolved and removed through the exhaust system; the kit is manufactured from stainless steel hydraulic cylinder, has 22oz capacity and is able to handle pressure of up to 30,000 psi. It comes with a full size cap that makes addition of solvents easier and prevents spillage. The 3-1/2 gauge allows for simpler and accurate setup of the outlet pressure.
The hose is removable, has improved storage options and in case of damages it can easily be replaced. A blowout attachment has been added to the cleaner to improve on performance life, it also ensures any residual solvent can be removed from the hose with shop air supply.
The fuel injector cleaner can do the following
The cleaner can properly and efficiently clean the fuel injector if used together with a good cleaning solvent. The product is placed on the fuel rail so that it is in direct contact with the fuel rail hence efficient cleanup of the deposits deposited on the rail.
The cleaner can handle pressures of up to 30,000 psi which means it can be accommodated in almost all types of vehicles. The full size cap it comes with allows for solvent addition and also prevents against spillage of the solvent entirely.
The product comes with a manual which assists the buyer in relating to matters that involve the product use. The product is useful as it can help the user in solving all the cleaning problems,in case of any challenge the user can always refer to the manual.
Pros of Using The Kit
The fuel injection cleaner canister has proved to be efficient and convenient for use by most users, below are some advantages of using the product.
- It is easy to use – As much as the product might seem complicated for use it is quite easy only if the user adheres to the manuals instructions. There are different ways of using the product depending on what type of car the canister is to be used in; some cars have installation steps that definitely differ from other cars. The fuel injectors can also be cleaned without having to bring them out of the car.
- The product is made of quality materials – The product is made from expensive materials that are durable and can withstand all sorts of conditions in the different vehicles the product is to be installed.
- It has a seal that works great – The solvent in the canisters can prove problematic if by any chance it happens to spill. The product is hence designed in a way that prevents against spillage and ensures that more of the solvent goes to the fuel system and doesn’t spill.
- Use of the product is cheaper – As compared to taking the vehicle to the car shop for thorough cleaning, the proper use of the product will be less costly and also saves on time.
Cons of Using The Kit
- The gauge does not register pressure at zero – The gauge will not register the zero reading hence the vehicle owner will be required to put pressure on it for it to start working.
- It needs other subsequent supplies for it to work –The product works in conjunction with other products that must be purchased separately for the owner to have great results this might prove costly.
The car fuel system should be cleaned for the following reasons. If the car doesn’t start with ease; carbon deposits might have attached to the spark plug making it hard for the car to start. If by any chance the cars mpg decreases cleaning will be necessary as the pipes and valves might be absorbing the carbon deposit hence reducing the cars mpg. It is also important to clean the car fuel system if the cars power has gone down. Before replacing the injector it is necessary to first clean it.
The OTC TOOLS (7448A) Fuel Injection Cleaner Canister is a great product that will ensure your car is performing at its optimum levels when it comes to fuel consumption.